Thursday, 14 May 2009

3 new cards

I saw a circular penny slide card while blog hopping a while back and thought I'd see if it would work in acetate. Yep, it works although I could have done with a larger bee stamp and a larger channel for the penny to run around.
Everything was cut using scal & the cricut (I know I'm lazy lol) then I used an image from Pocket Silhouettes and Orchid Oppulence to create a pattern around the frame. The flower is doodled on with sakura tiara pens and the bee from Bloomin with Beauty is coloured with markers from the Bright selection.

This is another image from Pocket Silhouettes stamped with Chocolate Chip onto Blush Blossom. I used the stampamajig to keep things straight. Wish SU would invent something that guaranteed by matting and layering would be as straight or my photography ;o) Chocolate chip cs to layer and ribbon to match. Then I ruined it all by not washing the ink off of my hands. Thankfully butterfly punches are dead handy to hide dirty marks.

You must be getting used to this image by now. I didn't think that much of it in the catologue but I keep finding myself reaching across the table for it.
I don't normally do distressed/vintage, mainly because it always looks a mess when I have a go instead of being artistically aged. Really chuffed with this one though. I didn't intend to give it a distressed look it's just once I'd overstamped the En Francais backing I couldnt help but think it would be perfect for a scrap book page of a WW1 soldier.
Enough with the waffle, here's how. Poppy stamped with classic black onto whisper white cs. I then stamped again onto layout paper to cut the mask. (layout paper is really thin so you get more detail around the edges when you over stamp.) Using the stampamajig to keep the writing straight I over stamped with Close To Cocoa. I then used berry red & orange promarkers with g21 & g05 copics to colour. Once I'd allowed the inks to dry thouroughly I used a cotton ball and some blush blossom pastel to age the writing but stayed well away from the poppy as I wanted the colours to remain vivid. Then I sanded the edges until they started to rip then wiped them over the close to cocoa inkpad. From there I didn't even bother matting or layering, just added some of the wide Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon and stuck the image straight down. Few blood red gems added to the corner to give it a bit of balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment