Thursday 8 October 2009

Christmas Wreath

Thought it was about time I decided on this years main xmas design, something that was going to be quick and easy to make and I wouldnt get bored by making 100 of. After seeing a wreath made from Pocket Silhouettes I decided to give it a try and think I've found my design for this year.

This is using a stamp from Pocket Silhouettes (stamped in garden green) one from Autumn Days (stamped in real red) and the central sentiment from Spotlight on Christmas, punched with one of the SU punches. Real red and whisper white cs with some generic 300gsm white card for the base. Now I just need to get an order in for a reel of real red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon as I don't like the organza ribbon I had in my stash. While I'm ordering I think I'll get some tempting turquoise and some pale pink gingham and vary my colour combos. Shame SU don't make the grosgrain in lavender lilac but I'll resort to using my SU markers to colour some whisper white.

1 comment: