Thursday 21 January 2010

Playing with background stamps

It's been good to get back to playing with rubber & ink now that the havoc xmas & snow creates is well and truly gone. This week I've been playing with background stamps and a couple of new stamp sets. There's a fair few so I'll split it into a couple of posts.

These are all made with background stamps.




A very very quick basic card using Medallion, stamped in chocolate chip on kraft cs and matted on very vanilla & chocolate chip. I used the eyelet border and word window punch to add some detail.







Another medallion but this one was a bit an experiment that had an accident.. I'd forgot to clean the stamp and had coloured the outer ring with a couple of water colour wonder crayons before misting with cleaner (couldnt find my water spray and I was only really looking to see how the crayons liked the stamp).

Once stamped onto whisper white the brown ink came through and muddied the colours in a way I wouldnt have expected but I kind of liked the look.

Matted on perfect plum then over whisper white with baroque motifs stamped in pale plum and scallop border punch over pale plum cs.


I don't do distressed as a rule but french script just lends itself so well I find I can't help myself.

French script stamped in creamy caramel over very vanilla the the ink pad was dragged over the edges and sanded down. Baroque motifs stamped in chocolate chip over the corners. Oval all sentiment with the scalloped and plain oval punch with some wide gros grain chocolate chip ribbon and a few gems.





I wasnt that struck when I saw Bella Toile in the catalogue and it was relagated to my would like but not desperate group. D'uh, that was daft! Now I've got it I'm in love with it, beautiful pattern and it stamps like a dream.



This is elegant eggplant stamped on very vanilla matted on elegant eggplant. The sentiment is from one of the exclusive SAB sets, vintage labels and is matted over very vanilla ribbon. The eyelet border punch finishes off the edges.








This one uses pale plum ink & perfect plum, pale plum & whisper white cardstock. The flower is from Garden Dream (a hostess set) and has been watercoloured with ink from the pale plum pad.

Eyelet border again and white grosgrain ribbon.







This is why you should never photo a card in artificial light. Bella Toile has been stamped in chocolate chip on pretty in pink cs and in real life is very pale.

Oval all sentiment and oval & scallop punch with pretty in pink taffeta ribbon.








This was my first play with whisper white craft ink and as a parcher the hunt has always been on for a decent white ink pad which will dry on vellum and OMG I've finally found one.

Bella Toile was stamped in whisper white on some black vellum I've had lying around for years. It's not a perfect typex white, that's technically impossible for a thin enough ink to stamp with, but this is not far different to using pergamanos tinta white with a dipping pen.

I used whisper white ink with a flight of the butterfly stamp on to parchment paper before using a grid and embossing & perforating. The butterflies where then punched using the new butterfly punch.

All matted on to whisper white and basic black card stock with whisper white taffeta ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment