Saturday 11 April 2009

Waiting impatiently

While waiting for the kit I've been playing around with my single solitary pack of Sweet Always paper, Bloomin With Beauty stamp set and Baroque Motifs stamp set and the odd thing from my stash.





I've never made a coaster box before, think I made a few mistakes with this one. Would probably have been better if I'd used a pritt stick instead of book binder glue and hadn't tightened the knots until each side was in place. Still it's the first I've ever attempted and can be rectified when I get my whispers white ribbon. Not sure yet which stamp I'll use to add a bit of interest, I keep looking through the catologue and changing my mind lol.



Bit of a trial run to see what would need tweaking on this phone caddy. By adding a larger border to the wrap I wouldnt have needed to use as much paper for the liner and the ribbon could be placed better.
Learnt my lesson with the bookbinder glue and used pritt stick before pressing everything firmly in place with a bone folder.

The wrap is made with 3 pieces of thick chipboard pinched from the back of my watercolour pad, joined with wet gummed tape and scored while still wet.

By leaving off the back of the inside box it's going to mean I can get to the bottom post it notes without having to shake it upside down.
The 3 sided box was made by scoring 4cm away from 3 edges of card, 12.5cm by 16.5cm to make an 8.5cm box.

Another one to finish off when my kit or first order arrive.













Here's my revised diagram to allow for the extra border. You will still need to cut an inner piece to cover the inside of the lid and spine, but be careful not to go over the edge wear the box sits or when you tie the ribbons together the spine wont pull in nicely.










I can't help sometimes but go back to a bit of decoupage and the flowers on this stamp were crying out for a bit of silicon. To colour the flowers copic pens on 160gsm laser paper. rv000, rv10 & rv 21 and yg11 and yg41 for the leaves. I didn't have the right tones for the vase so I used polychromo pencils with sansodor, dark cadmium yellow, dark chrome yellow, cadmium orange and dark cadmium orange.
Sweet Always papers to mat & layer with a few gems and an organza bow.






The burning question on this one is does embossing powder go off or was it the paper used to make this bag?
Ok, I admit it's a pergamano gold detail embossing powder that I've had about 12 years but it went a dark brown with no hint of metallic. As it is it doesnt look out of place but that's not the point.
Using 3 stamps from the Baroque Motifs stamp set, I'm a bit of a flourish addict so expect to see a lot of this stamp.












2 comments:

  1. Hi Hun I don't think the fact that it didn't come out as expected in any way detracts from what you set out to do, and it is really fab.

    Hugs Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great but yes embossing powder can go off - black is the worst offender. I have been stamping tooooo long - lol

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete